Submission of the manuscript:
Authors should submit an electronic copy saved on Microsoft Word for Windows to the society email: email@example.com and, preferably a carbon copy (CC) to the Associate Editor Dr. Sahar A. El-Shatoury: Sahar_hassan@science.suez.edu.eg
Language: English is the official language of the manuscript. English grammar, syntax and spelling must be carefully prepared and checked before submission of the paper.
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
- Manuscript must not exceed 20 pages typewritten in Double-spaced Times New Roman with a font size of 12 pt and margins of 2.5 cm from all sides.
- Original manuscripts are discarded one month after publication.
- The manuscripts should include:
- A cover page that contains:
- Article title and a running title (that will appear in the paper header).
- Name and email address of the corresponding author & other authors.
- Names and emails of suggested three referees (they should not be affiliated to the same institution of the authors).
- The first page that contains: Title (font 14 pt), Author(s) (font 12 pt), Affiliation(s) (font 11 pt), Abstract (Font 12 pt, single-spaced and no more than 250 words), Keywords (3-5 words).
- The Main text that include introduction, materials and methods, results followed by discussion, Acknowledgements, References.
- Tables, drawings, graphics and photographs accompanied with Legends for the illustrations must be on separate pages.
- Arabic page, matching the first page of the manuscript
All submitted manuscripts are pre-screened at the Editorial desk for compliance with these guidelines to assess their suitability for the journal. Manuscripts may be rejected at this stage, or sent back to authors for amendments. Papers that pass this first screen are assigned for peer-reviewing by two experts (national and / or international) as well as direct evaluation by the editor.
Detailed manuscript preparation guidelines are as follows:
Title and Authors
Title should be written in capital letters with a font size of 14 pt. In addition, a running title should be given with the authors name in a separate page. The corresponding author should be identified with an asterisk and footnote, including his e-mail. Full postal addresses must be given for all co-authors.
Abstract should be single-spaced with no more than 250 words.
- Introduction is recommended to brief and documented by references.
- Clear aim of the work is requested.
- Materials and methods should include clear design of the experiment, the used techniques, chemicals and living organisms.
- Units of measure must be clearly indicated.
- The Latin name must be given for all species of living organisms.
- Trade names or abbreviations of chemicals may be used only when preceded by the chemical or scientific name.
- Results should be clear and not repeated by different means
- Discussion should include interpretation of the results and end by conclusion and recommendations.
- All publications cited in the text should be presented in a list of references following the text of the manuscript.
- In the text refer to the author’s name (without initials) and year of publication:
- Rahmy (2002) – El-Asmar and Rahmy (2001) – El-Asmar et al. (2003).
- (Rahmy, 2002) – (El-Asmar and Rahmy, 2001) – (El-Asmar et al., 2003).
- The list of references should be arranged alphabetically by authors’ names. The manuscript should be carefully checked to ensure that the spelling of authors’ names and dates are exactly the same in the text as in the reference list.
- References should be given in the following form:
Rahmy, T.R. and Ayoub, M.A. (2002): In-vitro action of cobra snake venom on the ultrastructure of the goat spermatozoa: Transmission and scanning electron microscopic study. J. Venom. Anim. Toxins, 8(1): 127-159.
Hassan, F.M.; Mohallal, M.E.; El-Banhawy, M.A.; El-Serafy, T. and Rahmy, T.R. (1987): Pathophysiological changes in kidney function of envenomated rats. In: M.A. Haberal and H. Gulay (eds), Renal Failure and Transplantation, pp. 55-64, Semih Offset, Ankara, Turkey.
US Dept of Agriculture: Grain Inspection Packers and Stockyards Administration (1998). Aflatoxin Fact Sheet, September 17, 1998. (http://www.usda.gov/gipsa/newsroom/baclgrounders/b-aflztox.htm), accessed on month / year.
All illustrations should be provided in a form suitable for reproduction. Photographs, charts and diagrams should be numbered consecutively in the order to which they are referred. They should accompany the manuscript, but should not be included within the text.
All lettering, graph lines and points on graphs should be typed and sufficiently large and bold to permit reproduction. Handwriting, dye-line prints or photocopies are not accepted. Do not use any type of shading on computer-generated illustrations.
Photocopies of photographs are not acceptable. A scale as well as printed arrows and letters should be marked on the photograph. Printing colored photographs requires additional costs. Legends should be separate and not attached to or written on the illustration.
Tables prepared in Word or Excel are preferred. They should be numbered in order of their mention in the text. Each table should be typed on a separate sheet with a brief title. Abbreviations should be defined in a footnote at the end of the table. If any material in a table has been taken from a previously copyrighted publication, provide a credit line giving full credit to the original source. Tables should not duplicate results presented elsewhere in the manuscript, (e.g. in graphs). Avoid the use of shaded areas and vertical rules within the table body. The simpler the table, the more likely it will be rendered accurately.
Avoid using more than 4 levels of gray in charts and graphs, as they can be difficult to differentiate in print. Otherwise, substitute black and white patterns with cross hatches, diagonal stripes, vertical, and horizontal stripes. Avoid placing text on a shaded background. All art will be printed in black and white, however, color figures may be submitted and you will be asked to pay the costs associated with printing art in color.
Electronic file of the manuscript
Authors should submit, via email, an electronic copy of their paper. Always keep a backup copy of the electronic file for reference and safety. Preferably, save text and graphics on separate files.
Arabic summary resemble to the English abstract should be provided with the manuscript.
Articles should be presented in the same format as full paper, except that they should not be divided into sections such as Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion.
Short communications and Preliminary reports should not exceed two or three printed pages including illustrations and references. The form is identical to review article. Letters to the Editor are also accepted.
Brief individual case reports of intoxication with any type of natural toxins are accepted for publication. The Egy. J. Nat. Toxins will publish Congresses, Symposiums, Meetings and Thesis defenses or abstracts. It can also review books in any field of natural toxins
Proofs will be sent to the author(s) and should be returned within 3 days of receipt. Corrections should be restricted to typesetting errors. Any queries should be answered in full and proofs should be carefully checked before return.
The corresponding author, at no cost, will be provided with a PDF file of the published article accompanied with a cover sheet of the journal volume via e-mail. Reprints and copies of the issue can be ordered at a specially reduced rate, using an order form.
By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright for their article is transferred to the Egyptian Society of Natural Toxin if the article is accepted for publication.
- Upon submission of an article for publication, reviewing costs of 900 LE should be paid for a manuscript. Paper offprints can be ordered by the corresponding author (with extra fees) upon ordering via a special form.
- Students (Master and PhD) will get 30 % reduction in fees.
- In case of manuscript rejection, the corresponding author will get 600 LE refund of the paid costs.
Payment of publication cost can be made by one of the following:
- Swift to National Bank of Egypt
Swift to the account of the Egyptian Society of Natural Toxins,
National Bank of Egypt, Suez Canal University Branch, Ismailia, Egypt,
Account No. 01000096440 – Swift number NBEGEGCXA301
- Direct payment to WESTERN UNION (Worldwide Money Transfer Company). Transfer should be to the benefit of:
Dr. Alaa El-Din Abdel Aziz Mostafa Sallam ID: 26001231900211
- Instant post transfer
Payment at post office should be to the benefit of:
Mr Mohamed Mohamed Kotb Ibrahim ID: 26711271302837
Prof. Mohamed Faried El-Asmer
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
Prof. Tarek Rashed Rahmy
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt (Mobile: 0020 / 100 9666124).
Dr. Sahar Ahmed El-Shatoury
Department of Botany, Faculty Science, Suez Canal University,
Ismailia, Egypt (Mobile: 0020 / 122 2520880).
|Prof. Alaa A. Sallam
||Fac. Science, Suez Canal Uni.
|Dr. Hesham M. Abdulla
||Fac. Science, Suez Canal Uni.
|Dr. Amir E. Mehana
||Fac. Science, Suez Canal Uni.
|Dr. El-Sayed Baz El-Shabrawy
||Fac. Science, Suez Canal Uni.